Money Money Moneyyyyyyy
Finish this sentence: “Money is ________________________.“
Whether we know it or not, our relationship with money developed in our childhood.
Whether we inherited a fixed mindset or growth mindset, an abundant mindset or a scarcity mindset around money it really doesn’t matter.
What matter is we take control over our money story now vs. our money story taking control over us.
How do we do that?
First Step: Self-Awareness
1) How do you feel about money?
2) What does money mean to you?
3) What do you believe about money?
4) Is money hard or easy to come by?
5) Does money equal success?
6) Do you have a good relationship with money?
7) Do you like/dislike money?
8) Is there more than enough or is there not enough?
9) Are you selfish or generous if you have a lot of money?
10) What does money allow/disallow you to do?
Now that we have awareness of how we think, feel and believe about money, the next step is self-knowledge.
Second Step: Self-Knowledge
1) Where did you get that belief from?
2) What experience/s and conversation/s supported that belief?
3) What did your parents believe about money?
4) What does your culture think about money?
5) What is your first memory or painful memories you had with money?
Alright, now that we have the knowledge from where that belief came from, we listen and practice self-acceptance and self-compassion.
Third Step: Self-Compassion
1) Go back and visualize being with your younger self. Give your younger self a hug, and say, “that sucked”, or “don’t worry we know better now”.
2) See your money story for what it is... A STORY!... and make a Conscious Choice if you would like to change that story or not. It looks something like this... “I’m willing to elevate and transform my money story.”
Now let the fun begin! The next step is practicing self-love!! And what self-love looks like is treating yourself like you would your best friend. Set new boundaries for what is or isn’t alright for you!
Four Step: Self-Love
1) Write a “What isn’t alright with me is... “ statement about money.
2) Then write the new standard with a “What is alright with me is... “ statement about money.
E.g.) What isn’t alright with me is to be living paycheck by paycheck, what is alright with me is to allow and receive money to flow to me in an abundance equal to the energy I give out.
And there you have it, you're on your way to money mindset mastery.
That’s all for today.
Have FUN With Money Money Moneyyyyyy!!
I'd LOVE to hear from you:
Let me know in the comments. :)
As Always You're Awesome!!
DON'T MISS ANOTHER TOTALLY AWESOME TUESDAY!! SIGN UP AND GET THEM DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX!! SUBSCRIBE HERE